Welcome to our January 2024 Plantations International Update. In this issue… We have some very exciting news!
- Plantations International’s NEW BDO Valuation
- Plantations International Joins United Nations Global Compact
- Organic Musang King Durian Plantation – World’s First!
- Mara University Collaboration Agreement
Plantations International’s NEW BDO Valuation ~
in November of 2021 Plantations International Thailand received a projected revenue valuation USD 270,892,231 from the international accounting and auditing firm Mazars. Since then our Mango plantations have more than TRIPLED in size.
In early January of this year the team from BDO agreed to update our previous valuation to reflect our growth. BDO is a TOP 5 global auditing and accounting firm that operates 164 countries. We engaged their services to provide independent audit and valuation reports on our Nam Dok Mai Mango plantations for our retail and institutional investors and clients.
Plantations International Joins United Nations Global Compact ~
The Plantations International Group of Companies is very pleased to announce that is been accepted into the prestigious United Nations Global Compact.
Plantations International pledges to support the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact on human rights, labour, environment, and anti-corruption. With this communication, we express our intent to implement those principles.
We are committed to making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of the strategy, culture, and day-to-day operations of our group, and to engaging in collaborative projects which advance the broader development goals of the United Nations, particularly the Sustainable Development Goals.
Plantations International has made a clear statement of this commitment to our stakeholders and the general public. That we recognize that a key requirement for participation in the UN Global Compact is the annual submission of a Communication on Progress (COP) that describes our company’s efforts to implement the Ten Principles.
We support public accountability and transparency, and therefore commit to report on progress within one year of joining the UN Global Compact, and annually thereafter according to the UN Global Compact COP policy.
- A statement signed by the chief executive expressing continued support for the UN Global Compact and renewing our ongoing commitment to the initiative and its principles. This is separate from our initial letter of commitment to join the UN Global Compact.
- A description of practical actions (i.e., disclosure of any relevant policies, procedures, activities) that the company has taken (or plans to undertake) to implement the UN Global Compact principles in each of the four-issue areas (human rights, labour, environment, anti-corruption).
- A measurement of outcomes (i.e., the degree to which targets/performance indicators were met, or other qualitative or quantitative measurements of results).
Organic Musang King Durian Plantation in Malaysia ~
We are very pleased to announce The World’s first Organic Musang King Durian Plantation that will be managed by our owned Malaysian subsidiary United Tropical Fruit Sdn. Bhd. (UTF).
UTF will also engage all durian export-related activates to the lucrative Musang King Durian Markets of Singapore and Hong Kong. UTF will also oversee the importation into Malaysia of “Nam Dok Mai” Mangoes from Thailand.
Our Malaysian subsidiary United Tropical Fruit Sdn. Bhd. has entered into a Multi-Year Collaboration Agreement with University Institute Technology MARA (UiTM), which is an Agro Technology-based university in Jengka, Pahang, Malaysia to develop Malaysia’s first and only Organic Musang King Durian Nursery and Research & Development Centre.
The United Tropical Fruit Organic Musang King Nursery, which is located on-site UiTM campus, in Jengka, Pahang, will grow the Organic Musang King Saplings for all the United Tropical Fruit Plantations in Malaysia as well as license them out to third-party Musang King farmers for domestic sales only while retaining full exclusivity to the export market, thus making Plantations International the only source of commercial-grade 100% Organic Musang King Durian in all of Asia.
Contact Plantations International Today
If you would like to learn more about how Plantations International can help you inflation proof and diversify your portfolio with its agricultural investment programs. Please fill out the below form and we will be in immediate contact.